Learn About Kabrita
Health Professionals recommend Kabrita Goat Milk Formula for babies with sensitive tummies
Safety and Quality
- Kabrita USA is a division of Hyproca Nutrition, a global company with over 75 years of infant nutrition expertise.
- Kabrita goat milk formula is a safe alternative to homemade goat milk formula recipes
- Kabrita goat milk formula is made with high quality, non-GMO, pasteurized, Dutch goat milk.
Naturally Easy to Digest*
- Goat milk protein produces a smaller, softer and looser curd compared to cow milk protein.1,2
- Goat milk protein is broken down faster than cow milk protein by digestive enzymes.3,4
- An in vitro study showed that the kinetics of protein digestion of Kabrita goat milk infant formula is more comparable to breast milk than cow milk formula.5
*Not suitable for children with cow milk protein allergy (CMPA).
1. Park YW. Hypo-allergenic and therapeutic significance of goat milk. Small Rumin. Res. 1994 ;14,151–161. 2. Ceballos LS, et al. Utilization of nitrogen and energy from diets containing protein and fat derived from either goat milk or cow milk. J Dairy Res. 2009;4:497-504. 3. Almaas H, et al. In vitro digestion of bovine and caprine milk by human gastric and duodenal enzymes. Int Dairy J. 2006;16:961–68. 4. Pintado ME, et al. Hydrolysis of ovine, caprine and bovine whey proteins by trypsin and pepsin. Bioprocess Engineering 2000;23:275-282. 5. Maathuis A, et al. Protein Digestion and Quality of Goat and Cow Milk Infant Formula and Human Milk Under Simulated Infant Conditions. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2017 Dec;65(6):661-666.
Adapted and Fortified
- Fortified with 22 vitamins and minerals, including folic acid, B12, iron, vitamin D and DHA.
- Added goat whey protein to model the whey to casein ratio in breast milk.
- Includes a fat blend with beta palmitate. Formulas with a fat blend with beta palmitate have been associated with increased fat and mineral absorption, as well as improved stool consistency.
- Kabrita Goat Milk Formula is uniquely modeled after key breast milk attributes.
Kabrita Goat Milk Formula is Different from Goat Milk
Review our most frequently asked questions from Health Professionals
Does KABRITA Goat Milk Formula contain folic acid?
Yes, like all baby formula, KABRITA Goat Milk Formula is fortified with important nutrients, including folic acid.
I’ve heard that goat milk is not safe for babies? Doesn’t it contain too much protein?
Fluid goat milk is not suitable for young babies, whose kidney function is not yet fully developed and have a hard time handling by-products of protein digestion. KABRITA Goat Milk Formula contains an adapted amount of protein and is safe for babies.
Is KABRITA Goat Milk Formula suitable for babies with cow milk allergy?
No, KABRITA Goat Milk Formula is not suitable for babies with cow milk allergy. Children with cow milk allergy may also react to the protein in goat milk.
Who is KABRITA Goat Milk Formula for? What are the indications for KABRITA Goat Milk Formula?
KABRITA Goat Milk Formula is for babies with sensitive tummies. It is naturally easy to digest and a gentle first choice when it comes time to wean or supplement breastfeeding. Read case studies from families who’ve benefitted from making the switch.
What is the difference between KABRITA Goat Milk Formula and a cow milk formula?
The main difference between KABRITA Goat Milk Formula and a cow milk formula is the protein source. Goat milk protein forms a smaller, softer and looser curd in the gut compared to cow milk protein – and, it is broken down faster.
Is KABRITA Goat Milk Formula FDA-approved?
The FDA does not approve formula, per se. KABRITA Goat Milk Formula is imported from Holland and is approved for sale in the US.
Is KABRITA Goat Milk Formula covered under WIC or eligible for reimbursement through insurance?
No, at this time, KABRITA Goat Milk Formula is not covered under WIC or eligible for reimbursement through insurance. However, we offer a generous medical sampling and coupon program. Click here to request samples for your practice.
Does KABRITA Goat Milk Formula contain DHA?
Yes! KABRITA Goat Milk Formula contains DHA – important for baby’s vision and neurological development.
Is KABRITA Goat Milk Formula suitable for babies with lactose intolerance?
KABRITA Goat Milk Formula is not suitable for babies with congenital alactasia or galactosemia. Lactose is the primary carbohydrate in KABRITA Goat Milk Formula, designed to simulate the primary carbohydrate in breast milk.
How can I make KABRITA Goat Milk Formula available to my patients?
Praise for Kabrita
Kabrita Goat Milk Formula receives high praise from health professionals from across the US!
“Families are so happy with how their child digests KABRITA Goat Milk Formula. After I recommend KABRITA, children’s bowel
movements greatly improve.”
– Dr. Hernandez, MD, Pediatrician
More Praise for Kabrita
“As a pediatrician and a mother of three I do think that KABRITA is a healthy option for parents who are looking for a
readymade goat milk formula.”
– Dr. Afroza, MD, Pediatrician
I see how babies are able to tolerate this high-quality formula and still have the essential nutrients compared to other
formulas. It is wonderful to hear how grateful families are to see the benefits in their babies growth and development”
– Dr. Au, ND, Naturopathic Doctor
KABRITA is my number one recommended formula. I like that it is nutritionally complete, easy to digest, and tastes most similar
to breastmilk. Many babies get digestive symptoms when starting formula, but I have not seen this [with] KABRITA. It is a great
option for breastfeeding mothers who need to supplement, or mothers looking to wean.”
– Dr. Bast, DO, Pediatrician
When parents try KABRITA, they have been very happy with their experience. I have heard that their babies ‘are completely
different, less fussy, have better bowel movements, and enjoy the taste.”
– Dr. Klim, DC, Chiropractic Doctor